Sorcerer's Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcerer's Symposium

A forum for the members of the Hordeside Wizard's Council on the Sha'tar EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event] Lecture: on arcane magic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edanna Kal'es

[Event] Lecture: on arcane magic Empty
PostSubject: [Event] Lecture: on arcane magic   [Event] Lecture: on arcane magic Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:02 am

Citizens of the Horde!

One of the greatest differences and bones of contention between the eastern and western Horde is their attitudes towards magic, with the Kalimdorian part relying on divine and natural sources, while the western comes with multiple millennia of continuous arcane tradition.

Both have different views and attitudes on magic, and they often possess only most vague knowledge about the other, which - I observed - breeds unnecessary disputes and hostility, always ending with both sides shouting "my magic is better than your magic!".

The Wizards' Council hopes and intends to change that with a series of lectures, explaining the underlying fundamentals and basic philosophies of arcane magic in as simple and easy to understand way as possible, hoping that in return the mystics of the western Horde will do the same.

As a result of this, it is aimed at the mystics of the western Horde as well as young arcanists who only started their adventure with magic, but at its core it is free for all to attend.

Please note that these lectures are by no means an attempt to "prove" the supremacy of one kind of magic over the other and should not be viewed as such.

The lecture will take place on 30th October at 9.30 PM in Thunder Bluff, near Chief Cairne's estate.

I warmly invite everyone to this event.

- Edanna Kal'es

P.S. Looking for Shamans and Druids wishing to explain their trades in a similar way.

((Can't say much, it's just an another peaceful, scholarly event (unless disrupted by zombies or... other things) where we'll be fiddling around with lore on arcane magic. I sure hope I won't get over the board with my musings and crazy theories!

How long will Ed manage to talk before interrupted by a mass of boos?))
Back to top Go down

[Event] Lecture: on arcane magic
Page 1 of 1