Sorcerer's Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcerer's Symposium

A forum for the members of the Hordeside Wizard's Council on the Sha'tar EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What we are (sort of)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edanna Kal'es

What we are (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: What we are (sort of)   What we are (sort of) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:16 pm

((Copied from official forum))

"Magic is not some idle power or tool that awaits your beck and call. It is a living thing, a vigor that permeates the planet and the air, and can rightly be called Azeroth.s lifeforce. Magic demands respect. Magic encourages cooperation. Magic requires understanding. Magic needs passion, for only in emotion can it truly become Art. Magic is not merely a pawn or a force to manipulate at will and whim, for to do so is to invite disaster. Magic is not power; magic simply is.”

Thank you Itiierae, thought Edanna as she repeated the words of the great wizard she and many students before her heard as their first lesson in magic. Of all, you were the one who captured the essence of magic in these words and no silly prince, mad king or devious magister can change that. Ha. I'm just a high elf with green eyes...

Edanna went on with the lecture, despite interruptions and attempts to silence her. She spoke of arcane magic in a way only elves are able to.

Magic, in the opinion of some, is the embodiment of chaos. It is the key that can open the forbidden door. A door behind which nightmares, dread and unimaginable horror lurk, hostile, destructive forces, beings of pure evil, able to annihilate not only the one who unlocks it, but whole Azeroth as well. And because so many did and still do tinker with the lock, some day one of them will make that fatal mistake and open it once more, leaving our world exposed to the full might of the Legion... and maybe even more mysterious and terrible forces. Magic is the sword arm of chaos, and mortals learning how to use it is a curse that will lead to the ultimate doom. And it is so. Those who believe magic is chaos are not erring.

Magic, as some believe, is an art. A great, noble and elite art, capable of creating things of greatest beauty. Magic is a talent, given only to a few chosen ones. Others, who lack this talent can only watch the results of the artists' work with jealousy and awe, knowing that without these works and the talent the world would be a sad, dour and grey place. Mortals who found the art in their souls are a blessing of beauty. And it is so. Those who believe magic is an art are not erring either.

There are also those who believe magic is a science. To grasp it fully talent and intuition are not enough. Magic requires years of diligent study and hard work, one needs endurance and inner discipline. Magic learned in that way is knowledge and cognition, a light that makes minds shine and banish the shadows of superstition and ignorance through thought, experiment and practice. Such magic is progress. The metaphoric lantern, the plough, , the loom, water mill, forge and crane. It's progress, growth, change. It's constant movement. Upwards. To a better tomorrow. To the stars. The discovery of arcane magic will let us reach the stars someday.

And I need you, Edanna thought. I need bright minds, new points of view, hands to weave spells and mouths to tell when to stop. I need artists and craftsmen of magic, ones who wish to gain power tempered with wisdom and keep the destructive chaos at bay. People who love and enjoy magic in any form, school, style and tradition.

((That's it! The Wizards' Council of the Horde wishes to announce its presence and existence once again to everyone, be it mage, warlock, druid , shaman, anyone who likes RP with magic as the centre point, be it at lectures or in the field, looking for adventure! You can find us on the chat channels “Magi” and “Magiooc”, always welcoming new members. You might want to sign in at our forum at https://wizards-staff.board-directory.net/forum.htm. Events are pretty irregular, but I try to organize them as often as possible, at least once a week. I look forward to see you with us!))
((I really hope i did it right))
Back to top Go down

What we are (sort of)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorcerer's Symposium :: Council :: Announcements-
Jump to: